Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Daily Kos: Occupy Oakland: Iraq war veteran in critical condition following confrontation with police

Daily Kos: Occupy Oakland: Iraq war veteran in critical condition following confrontation with police:

'via Blog this'

Thank you, Oakland police. Anyone believe they're not trying to cause serious injury?

Joshua Hastings - I have to say that was pretty clear that they wanted to send a message and they CERTAINLY got their point across. Basiclly unless I see some series punishment for the negligent police who were doing that bullshit I believe that they clearly are not in the ppl business in oakland anymore if they ever were. The police are paid to protect and serve the citizens who did they protect other then a political agenda and who did they serve other then the mayor who gave the orders. who should receive the same punishment as whoever gets charged in the police force because they were acting on her orders.
9:08 PM

I just can not believe how quickly and irrationally everything developed in Oakland. I think there needs to be an investigation in the actions and orders of the Mayor and the Police Department, and it needs to be done out in the open so the public can transparently gather information with them as they go and are able to trust everything is being done with integrity and honesty. Maybe there is some secret reason that they needed to assemble in riot gear to disperse the crowd, maybe there was an armed criminal running amok in the area and he was hiding in the middle of the protesters and they were warned 12 times to send him out or they were coming in, so they had to fire the flash bombs to gain the first initial entry and then the rubber bullets were actually for their SAFETY more then anything, they didn't know what was going to happen with that suspect, he may of been armed but maybe not, so they figured they would use the rubber bullets so as not to hurt any protesters because they actually agree and think what's happening is wrong. Maybe it was all a HUGE MISTAKE. They were running with their guns and the safety was off by mistake and the police officers tripped and their guns just started shooting. They tried to help the protesters by using themselves as a human shield but they wouldn't let them. And maybe, just maybe, the people in riot gear were not the police at all, maybe they actually were protesters dressed up pretending to be police because they wanted to make the police look bad. So really, all of this might be able to simply be explained away, so let's not jump to any conclusions.



EXCEPT MAYBE JUST MAYBE THAT'S ALL A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT EXCUSES THAT I JUST MADE UP OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD AND WE ALL KNOW THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE THEIR OWN VERSION OF EVENTS SOON ENOUGH, AND I'M DYING TO KNOW WHAT THIS IRAQ WAR VETERAN DID TO DESERVE HIS COMA AND NOW HEAVILY SEDATED STATE.

COMMENTS HERE ARE WELCOME ADDITIONS:


+Joshua Hastings
@joshuadavid1121
www.MassAuthentics.Ecrater.com
http://massauthentics.tumblr.com/

4 comments:

  1. Joshua.

    What can I say. I am livid. I would write reams of angry pointless rant. I'm powerless to help that man anymore than I am right now. My support of this movement is coming out of my limited funds and time to devote to my families needs, and there is not even enough for that.

    And the people who I would support though I can't stand with them even most of the time are getting abused, and making me happy I wasn't there, for I would not have been peaceful.

    I would have fought back.

    I probably would have gotten arrested for a long time, charged, and packed away.

    Because, I would have fought back.

    What can I say?

    I'm glad I wasn't there? I wish I was?
    I'm just angry, and there is nothing I can put forth right now except that.

    I have more than one friend who didn't return from Iraq. To finally make it home, and to see these situations, these people, and to join your voice, to do your duty, and then to be struck down by the very people who protect your family, while you and your friends risked life, and lost it readily enough, to supposedly protect them?

    If that is the way it is, which is what my imagination keeps creating for me...

    I want the facts. I want the facts. And I want the facts.

    And I doubt I'll ever see them. I don't know if my brother will ever get any justice, and last I checked, innocent until proven guilty, the man deserves some justice. Looks like a victim to me.

    We'll see.

    Sorry for the long rant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Posts, I hear everything your saying and more then anything it's just frustrating in my opinion. The police in this country are so understaffed, underpaid, unappreciated. Unless they are picking up overtime working "details" which are typically given to state police, at least in my area they are, they are not having enough manpower to even cover every shift.

    Think about that, in some of the towns around me for 8 of the 24 hours on weeknights, there is no police on the road. If something happens it's the responcibility of the police chief to be called and rush to the scene along with "overlapping" coverage from the state police in the area and other towns ect. How do I know this?? Well, my father IS, the police chief in one of the local towns. I only bring any of this up because the point is, THE POLICE SHOULD BE STANDING RIGHT BEHIND THESE PEOPLE.

    I understand they have orders, and i'm by no means saying they should go quit their job, stand up to "the man upstairs", be vocal in your disgust. But, there are other ways they could show their support. Maybe call in sick or don't offer to accept the overtime the nights that raids are going to take place. They know what's happening, i'm sure they had started planning this days in advance so they'd have enough coverage ect.

    I want to know EXACTLY what their orders were, I want to know who told them to do what, I want to know if they went beyond what was expected....just like you said, I doubt were ever going to see a transparent investigation like I said is needed. WE ALL NEED TO SEE WHAT HAPPENED SO WE CAN TRUST THEM AGAIN. These people took an oath to protect and serve and I'm trying so hard to think of ways that this isn't their fault, that someone else is to blame but between the mayor, heads of those units and the actual officers, I can't see blame put anywhere else.

    What do you think would be happening right now if one of those protestors did fight back after being struck and severely injured an officer??? I can honestly say, I don't know if there ever would be a trial. Look what happened to peaceful proterters, imagine what kind of damage they would have done to the violent ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd just like to add, i'm sorry to hear about your friends, I can only imagine what it's like to loose so many loved ones. You should be proud of them though, they died fighting for exactly what we are talking about. Were sitting here talking right now freely because of their sacrifices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I was just going through some of the comments on my posts and just noticed that there isn't a reply posted from myself to your comment. I am so sorry. To be honest your comments were by far the most on point and really hit home for me and I just wanted you to know that I appreciate it. With the millions and millions of blogs, sites, pages etc its hard enough to get eyes on something written let alone a response....I have found myself writing about stories and topics sometimes that are very important to me and most have little to no engagement from viewers so its easy to get discouraged, that's why it means so much when someone takes the time to respond, and you did it with a great post. Thanks again, hope you are still reading my blogs and enjoying them! Take care

    -joshua

    ReplyDelete